Monday, May 11, 2009

love it would be much better untold

Sooo....I haven't posted my daily readings in a while because I haven't had the chance to get on my computer, but I have been reading and reflecting everyday!!!
Currently, I am OBSSESSED with a lovely man named devendra banhart. He is folky and makes wonderful music. The title of this entry is a line from one of my favorite songs...he looks like a younger version of charles manson, and I think he's beautiful (not because of who he resembles lol)
I am in a wierd mood today, not sure why. I had to go speak at a middle school today and I told them my drug history and what not, and this woman was like well no one can relate to that and its scary and I feel like your trying the scare tactic. I was a bit offended, and I explained that I wasn't trying to use the scare tactic and that if they were going to use drugs they would and my story is the reality of what happened to me. Maybe this is why I'm in a wierd mood...emotionally drained. But anyways the whole thing wasn't all awful just that part.well I've been typing this on my phone and its wierding tom out so I'm done for the day.

2 comments:

Poopsie said...

I remember when I used to work with Hannah House. We had a group us that would go to local schools and talk about how being a teenaged parent changed our life. I recall that there was one school where I didn't have a good experience. I was told that the kids there couldn't relate to me or my story, because I was too old. I was your age.
Don't give up, Jenn. Keep telling your story. One teacher cannot tell you how every kid in the room is feeling/ thinking. They can only see what they want to see, and maybe they were more afriad than they wanted to admit. Sometimes it is hard to hear the stories that people tell. Most of the time, it is because it speaks some truth into our hearts.
Love you,
Aunt Cindy P :)

Colen Mae said...

Jenn, you can talk anything you want to say about your experience in life or about your drug history to me and I am willing to listen if you like you can email it to me nicolecm_1567@yahoo.com and I try my best to reply as soon as possible if you like:-) I can be your friend..