Wednesday, December 10, 2008

First day

So yesterday I had my first day at my new job. It was ALOT of information to retain, but thankfully they said I wasn't expected to remember all of it right away. Thank God. All the kids there asked me a ton of questions, and I didn't know what I was supposed to answer and what I wasn't supposed to answer because no one told me. (until later when I had a discussion about boundaries) So anyways, they asked me how old I was and I told them, and a woman who works there said I Shouldn't have told them because they are saying they won't listen to me. I'm not to worried about it- I want to give them hope and courage, but I also want respect in return. I am super excited to go back, which will be on Friday. I even got a badge and some keys! haha, which only unlock a closet and a room that the kids aren't aloud in. I got a bunch of papers and a manual to study for my apprenticeship. This is the work I want to do for my career, and I'm excited that I got this opportunity.

No comments: